The Crow: City of Angels is a 1997 Acclaim Video Game released for PC, PlayStation and Sega Saturn. It is loosely based on the 1996 film of the same name, which is a sequel to the highly-acclaimed 1994 film The Crow. The film itself revolves around Ashe Corven who is brought back by the supernatural crow after he and his son are brutally murdered when they witness a murder committed by a street gang.
2015 AVGN Episode
The episode first aired on October 30, 2015 on Mischief Night (the day before Halloween and when the murder events in the first Crow film take place). It serves as a lead-in to the Board James episode, 13 Dead End Drive. The Nerd reviews the Sega Saturn version of the game.
List of Complaints
- The game's controls such as the left and right D-Pad buttons turning you in a 360 circle and up moving you forward.
- The camera angles which doesn't even keep up with the player at times.
- The crappy fighting sequences that doesn't connect and the fact the fights look way better in cutscenes.
- The difficulty of the game and the fact weapons usually don't work compared to your opponents.
At the end of the review, Board James shows up on the Nerd's TV, asking why he doesn't get his own Halloween special and berates the Nerd. The Nerd promises that he will get his own review as soon as Halloween is over as the Nerd is seen holding the 13 Dead End Drive game as the camera pans up and now reveals Board James to be the one holding it.
- This is the first episode entirely dedicated to a Sega Saturn game.
- The PlayStation and PC versions both have an invincibility cheat, which the Saturn version does not.