Superman: The New Adventures (sometimes referred to as "Superman 64") is an adventure video game released in North America on May 23, 1999 and in Europe on July 23, 1999. The game was designed by Titus for the Nintendo 64. This game's style and characters are based on Superman: The Animated Series.
2008 AVGN episode
After the end of the Superman review, Viewers have decided to take responses for Superman 64 when the next game will be reviewed. the video has been released on Gametrailers on July 8, 2008 and later on YouTube on January 13, 2010. Other video games reviewed by the Nerd was Superman: Man of Steel on Commodore 64.
Prior to that, some bits of this episode were filmed in the Nerd's original gaming room in New Jersey, but most was filmed in the new gaming room in Pennsylvania.
The Nerd's Complaints about Superman 64
- Lack of the Superman theme song by John Williams
- Flying through rings. The Nerd states it's like "making a Batman game where all he does is play hopscotch."
- Time limits that leave no margin of error and are unecessary.
- Poor hit detection.
- Broken controls.
- In-game instructions that appear only for a split second.
- Glitches (e.g. Superman gets stuck when flying under a bridge, even though he's nowhere near it.)
- If you miss flying through one ring, sometimes three or more, you have to start all over.
- Failing a task will take you back to a previous mission.
- Awkward attacks.